Click here for a more in-depth tutorial!
SHIFTBOARD SCHEDULING INFORMATION (Please read)
You are responsible for meeting your minimum days: 12 days with 6 at each mountain.
- No more than 3 night shifts
- No "double shifts" this year. (Nights are still open from 2:30 – 9:30, but no more doubles.)
- We ask that you stay at the same mountain for the entire weekend
- You can schedule up to 16 days initially, and can add additional dates on 12/15/17.
You are responsible for showing up to all shifts you signed up for.
- So, make sure you didn't over schedule.. (i.e. choose shifts you don't intend on showing up for.)
- For schedule changes, you are responsible to add and delete shifts at the SAME mountain. You CANNOT delete Summit and schedule Bear– shift locations must be the same– NO EXCEPTIONS
- Shifts that you must change MUST be changed no later than Wednesday night 12pm. You will be locked in for that weekend's shifts after that deadline. (That means the BEST time to find available shifts is Thursday morning)
- Emergency: If you can't work a scheduled shift due to some last minute emergency, you need to contact the Hill Lead [NEED LINK TO CONTACT LIST] for that day and send a note to Schedule@BigBearSkiPatrol.com
HOW TO SIGN INTO SHIFTBOARD, SETUP PROFILE AND SIGN UP FOR SHIFTS:
HOW DO I VIEW/ PRINT MY SCHEDULE?
- Simply go into your profile and choose "My Shifts" in the Account Toolbox on the right had side. You can also export your schedule to your calendar.
HOW DO I CLOCK IN/ OUT?
This year, we'll have three different ways you can clock in/ out
Option 1: Via the Shiftboard app on your mobile phone (RECOMMENDED)
- Go to your mobile phone phone app store (Google Play for Android or Apple store for iPhone) and download the "Shiftboard" app
- Use this to clock in/ out
- Please note: Anyone found signing in with this APP and not showing up for their shift will be dismissed from patrol.
Option 2: Via QR Code
- Bring your QR Code. Just go to your Profile in Shiftboard and by the spot where your picture goes, click QR Code. (or see instructions of “How-To” Print Your QR Code. See instructions of “How-To” Print Your QR Code
- At each Base Patrol Room there will be 1-2 cell phones with the Shiftboard "QR Passport Application" on it – wait your turn and don’t forget to clock in!
- Click on the Large Orange Circle and Scan your QR Code
- Click on your shift – you will see a message that says “Clocked In” – Click OK
- Follow the same process at the end of your shift to be “Clocked Out” – Click OK
- Full instructions here Full instructions here.
- Caution: The phones don't always work so great and the phone cameras have a hard to time focusing on your QR code
Option 3: Shared Terminal in The Patrol Room
- There will be a computer in each room that you can use to log into Shiftboard to then clock-in. You'll need to know your login information; likely your email address.
- Caution: The lines might get long to use the shared computer
What is Shiftboard?
Shiftboard is an online scheduling and time management tool. We are currently using Shiftboard in order to make duty day scheduling easier and more transparent, as well as limit the difficulty needed in trading days with your fellow patrollers.
Schedule will open for all BBSP staff on November 1. Please note that there are limited slots for each day our patrol will provide service to the mountain, so schedule early to get your desired schedule. When slots fill up and meet our needs for each date, the schedule will close for that particular day. Remember that 12 duty days are required.
View the available shifts by selecting a certain date. There will be a limited number of shifts available, and assignment to Snow Summit or Bear Mountain will be determined later.
Take an available shift by clicking "Take Shift" on the selected date.
How to use Shiftboard
On your duty day, you will need to clock into Shiftboard upon arriving at patrol base, and clock out when the day is done. This is done via a designated smartphone that will scan your QR code (to be handed out on your first duty day). For day-of questions regarding clocking in, please ask the room lead.
Picking Up a Shift
Tradeboard is found through the Calendar section by clicking the Trade icon:
Search a date range, and find a trade someone has posted. Click on Take Shift to assume their posted duty day.
Putting a day up for trade
In order to put your duty day up for trade, first select your desired duty day to trade from the calendar. By your name, click on Details to change the date (i.e. put it up for trade).